Our commitment to sustainability
Sustainable development is the only option
Without considering the environment and the world around us, financial strength and success are unattainable. And vice versa, the dependency is mutual. This is the core of sustainable development for Höganäs.
As a company, Höganäs makes a difference through our metal powder solutions and know-how. We believe that metal powders can and should be used in industry to a much larger extend than today and that they can contribute to sustainable growth. That is why our vision is “Inspire industry to make more with less”.
Höganäs participates in the UN Global Compact (UNGC). This voluntary corporate citizenship initiative was launched in 2000 to encourage businesses worldwide to adopt and implement sustainable and socially responsible policies. We have committed to uphold the UNGC’s Ten Principles in the areas of human rights, labour, environment and anti-corruption and make continuous efforts to achieve sustainable development.
A role model for corporate sustainability
The goal for Höganäs is to be a catalyst for change and a role model within industrial sustainability. We aim to go above and beyond what regulations require us to do. We strive to find ways to make every community we are a part of a healthy and respectful place to live.
We adhere to high standards of business ethics in all our relations and operations. This engagement forms the basis of our Code of Conduct, which clarifies the way we do business.
Focus on sustainable growth
To define and describe our sustainability challenges we have created an extensive sustanaibility strategy called Mount Sustainability. It illustrates our climb towards the top, along five strategic paths leading up to the summit. Along the paths are goals and focus areas that support each other.
Our strategic priorities are:
- A great and meaningful place to work – creating a supporting workplace where people prosper
- Building communities and responsible partnerships – being a care-taking citizen wherever we operate and securing high ethical standards in all our relationships
- Sustainable offerings and long-term profitability – offer solutions for the sustainable transition necessary to meet future challenges in society and rapidly changing market demands
- Future-proof business – running a safe, clean, efficient and long-term sustainable business
- Climate neutral operations – continually minimising our climate footprint by adopting new technologies and improving our energy efficiency